Matchday 15 will see a battle between two teams who are near-neighbours in the league table, with tenth-placed Hoffenheim taking on eighth-placed Wolfsburg. In terms of current form however, things could hardly be more different. The Wolves are on a roll, having gone eight games unbeaten and winning their last three. The hosts meanwhile have won just one of their past five, slipping to three defeats during that period with a 1-1 draw with 1. FC Köln also in the mix.
The Green-and-Whites have also kept a clean sheet in their past three Bundesliga matches, while Hoffenheim have shipped a total of seven goals across their past two.
More facts and figures:
- Downwards trend: Hoffenheim have only lost consecutive Bundesliga matches once so far this term, but those defeats have come in their last two matches (at home to Leipzig and away to Frankfurt). This is in contrast with their opening six matches of the season, when they racked up four victories.
- Past history: Koen Casteels made his first 39 Bundesliga appearances for Hoffenheim, representing the club up until January 2015 and conceding 86 goals.
- Wolf-slayer: Andrej Kramaric has found the back of the net in each of his last four Bundesliga matches against Wolfsburg.
- Coaches with a past: André Breitenreiter and Niko Kovac have faced one another six times as players and coaches, with the latter having won five and drawn one of those meetings. Breitenreiter has lost all three of his meetings with Kovac with the two of them on the sidelines.
- Finishing strongly: The last time that TSG lost their last Bundesliga match of the calendar year was back in 2017. Since then they have won two and drawn two.
- Three in a row for TSG: Hoffenheim have won the last three Bundesliga meetings between the two teams. In the 2021/22 campaign, they bagged all six points despite conceding the first goal in both matches.
- Attack rounding into form: The Wolves have scored 17 of their 22 goals this season in their past seven matches.