Mannschaftsfoto der U23 des VfL Wolfsburg im Rush Green Sports Ground in London.
English News

Late victory

The Wolves’ development squad won 3-2 away at West Ham United in the Premier League International Cup

Mannschaftsfoto der U23 des VfL Wolfsburg im Rush Green Sports Ground in London.

VfL Wolfsburg’s development squad won their second match of the Premier League International Cup on Wednesday evening, beating West Ham United U23s 3-2 at the Rush Green Stadium in London to maintain their perfect start to Group B. Joe Powell fired the unbeaten Premier League 2 leaders ahead early on (12’), but goals from Julian Justvan (18’) and Charles Jesaja Herrmann (30’) turned the game on its head. Anthony Scully restored parity shortly before half-time (44’), but Justvan struck again with two minutes remaining to seal the points for the Wolves.

The result lifts VfL, who beat Valencia CF 4-0 in their tournament opener, to the top of Group B. Ton Lokhoff’s side will hope to continue their winning start when they face Brighton & Hove Albion in their third group match on Tuesday 3 December.

“We showed character”

Ton Lokhoff: “It was a completely different game to the Valencia match. West Ham have unbelievable quality and showed that on the pitch, but we showed character and kept recovering from setbacks. West Ham may have had a little more possession, but we had the better chances near the end despite being a man light [Fabio Di Michele Sanchez went off injured in the 85th minute after VfL had made all three substitutions] and scored three lovely goals. We’re very happy with our performance and the result.”

West Ham United: Anang – Caiger, Reid (65’ Baptiste), Cardoso, Longelo – Rosa, Powell, Coventry – Diallo (77’ Parkes), Scully, Holland

VfL Wolfsburg: Mellack –Heuer, Edwards, Garcia Mac Nulty, Itter, Justvan, Möker, Stach, Otavio (51’ Di Michele Sanchez) – Llanez (60‘ Jastremski), Herrmann (73‘ Messeguem)

Goals: 1-0 Powell (12’), 1-1 Justvan (18’), 1-2 Herrmann (30’), 2-3 Justvan (88’)

Yellow cards: Caiger (90’+2)

Referee: Paul Howard (England)

Attendance: 200 at Rush Green Sports Ground



no account?
Register now