Die Spielerinnen des VfL Wolfsburg klatschen sich nach einem Treffer ab.

Bundesliga rivals defeated

VfL Women beat 1. FFC Frankfurt 5-0 in a friendly on Friday.

Die Spielerinnen des VfL Wolfsburg klatschen sich nach einem Treffer ab.

The She-Wolves won their final friendly before the resumption of the FLYERALARM Women’s Bundesliga season next month. The Green-and-Whites eased to a 5-0 victory over league rivals 1. FFC Frankfurt on Friday, with Svenja Huth, Alexandra Popp, Ewa Pajor, Dominique Janssen and new signing Madelen Janogy all on target in Vila Real de Santo Antonio.

The VfL squad will take part in one final gym session and a team event on Saturday, before departing Portugal’s south coast for Wolfsburg on Sunday 2 February. Stephan Lerch’s side will then have just under two weeks to prepare for their first league match of 2020, against second-placed TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Friday 14 February.

“We kept up the pace”

VfL head coach Stephan Lerch: “I’m really pleased that we were able to round off the training camp with a victory like that - we weren’t expecting to win by such a high margin. Considering all the intense training sessions under our belts and the fact that Frankfurt were very strong opponents, I was positively surprised by the result.

“We kept the pace up for the entire 90 minutes and kept creating goalscoring chances, despite our tired legs. Our goals were well worked and we deserved to win in the end. We can take a lot of positives from the game.” 

VfL Wolfsburg: Lindahl – Doorsoun (46‘ Blässe), Goeßling, Wedemeyer (46‘ Janssen) – Maritz (46‘ Wolter), Engen (63‘ Neto), Harder (46‘ Minde), Popp (63‘ Janogy), Rauch (46‘ Dickenmann) – Huth (46‘ Jakabfi), Rolfö (46‘ Pajor)

1. FFC Frankfurt: Bösl – Santos (70‘ Hechler), Störzel, Kleinherne, Aschauer (82‘ Weilharter) – Feiersinger (46‘ Martinez), Mauron (46‘ Nüsken), Pawollek (70‘ Gidion), Dunst (90‘ Hirata) – Freigang (90‘ Hahn), Reuteler (82‘ Emmerling)

Goals: 1-0 Huth (7’), 2-0 Popp (35’), 3-0 Pajor (63’), 4-0 Janssen (76’), 5-0 Janogy (90’)

Referee: Tiago Cordeiro (Portugal)

Attendance: 200 



no account?
Register now