Lady-Wolves summer schedule
The Lady-Wolves most significant dates in preparing for the 2018/2019 season.
The VfL women’s first season under head coach Stephan Lerch ended with exceptional German Championship and DFB-Cup successes. One of the cornerstones of what was an extremely successful campaign was the pre-season preparations, which are now being finalised for the 2018/2019 campaign. The Lady-Wolves get going on Monday, July 23rd, with the obligatory lactate-test, before undertaking the first training session of the new season at 15:00 CEST the following day. Between August 17th and 26th, the Green-Whites will undertake a training-camp in Walchsee, Austria, where two test matches are planned. The first competitive outing of the new season will be a DFB-Cup tie on September 8th/9th.
The VfL ladies summer schedule at a glance:
• 23rd July: Lactate-test
• 24th July, 15:00 CEST: Training start
• 29th July, 16:00 CEST: Holstein Kiel – VfL Wolfsburg
• 17th August – 26. August: Training-camp in Walchsee (Austria)
• 22nd August, 15:30 CEST: VfL Wolfsburg – SKN St. Pölten
• 25th August, 16:00 CEST: VfL Wolfsburg – Twente Enschede
• 8th/9th September: 2nd Round DFB-Cup 2018/2019
• 12th/13th September: Round of 32 first-leg UEFA Women’s Champions League
• 15th/16th September: Start Allianz Frauen-Bundesliga 2018/2019